In the special education volunteer attorney training, you will:
• Learn the fundamentals of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA).
• Understand the basics of Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, and relevant Colorado law.
• Obtain Continuing Legal Education Credit (4 hours for training and more for representation).
As a special education volunteer attorney you will:
• Advocate for appropriate educational services for the child you represent and help a parent advocate for their child.
• Gain negotiation skills and meaningful, direct client experience.
• In some cases, have the opportunity to gain trial experience in a Due Process hearing before an Administrative Law Judge.
• Have access to ongoing technical and practical support from the Children’s Law Center.
Generously sponsored by Patton Boggs.
3.5 CLE Credits Pending
Please RSVP by Monday, August 19, 2013: firstname.lastname@example.org